GSM DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY INFORMATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DANISH--TAHIR--IQBAL ( danish_jalal(site owner)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HI, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
raghavasmartguy
Moderators
Moderators
raghavasmartguy

Male Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2008-02-04

HI, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE Empty
PostSubject: HI, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE   HI, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:08 pm

http://rapidshare.com/files/148182944/hi.JPG.html
Back to top Go down
https://gsmdti.forumotion.com
raghavasmartguy
Moderators
Moderators
raghavasmartguy

PostSubject: Re: HI, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE   HI, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:18 pm

Nokia N96 vs iPhone

iPhone is like a gorgeous girlfriend and N96 is like a faithful loving wife. Choice is yours to make.

We have seen 2 exciting launches in India last week. Apple iPhone and Nokia N96. While Apple iPhone is priced at Rs. 31,000 for 8GB version and Rs. 36,000 for 16GB version, N96 is priced at Rs. 36,000. So for now price wise both are evenly matched. Now the big question, if I have to put up my 36K, which one will it be.

I have used the iPhone for few months (non 3G version) earlier so I have experienced its revolutionaly user interface and I can talk about its ownership experience. I have not got a chance to explore N96 so far. So I can only compare it with iPhone based on it features and not on its ownership experience.

WOW Factor:
iPhone, iPhone and iPhone. N96 simply doesn’t stand a chance here. I remember the day when I just took my iPhone out in Kamat restaurant, here in Hyderabad, to attend a call and then just put it on my table. Every single passer by including the waiter, asked me what phone it was, and how much it costed. Simply amazing. Even more amazing was their reaction when I told them that it costed me just Rs. 18,ooo (that’s $399).
N96 I am sure, anyone would ever notice it. It just looks a slightly polished version of N95.

User Interface:
Again iPhone with its revolutionary multi-touch technology is far ahead of Nokia N96. I have used N95 and I believe, N96 user interface should be more or less the same. While its definitely good but it not comparable to iPhone, which is in a different league altogether. When your start using iPhone, this multitouch will really excite your, but over the time, it simply doesn’t matter. For me after a couple of months of use, I really found my blackberry better to use. It was faster and easier. But this is valid if you are using a lot of email on phone.

Storage:
N96 is clear winner here. Apart from 16GB memory it also supports micro SD card. This definitely gives it an edge over iPhone. We can use this microSD card easily copy data from N96 to other phones or PC, just like a pen drive, which is very convenient.

Camera:
N96 is a clear winner here. 5 mega pixel. iPhone has just 2. N96 as has a LED flash. With 5 mega pixel, it literally eliminates the need to carry a digital camera. More over copying photos to PC, its not dependent on iTunes. Just copy the photos to you PC and you are done. This comes in handy if you have to copy your photos to say your friend’s machine which does not have itunes.

Size/Weight:
While N96 is lighter than iPhone by 8 gms, it looks bulkier. iPhone is thinner compared to N96. So I believe iPhone is a winner here.

Multimedia/Media playback:
N96 is a clear winner here. It can play MP3s, AACs WMAs. Just drag and drop MP3s from your system and your are ready to listen. For iPhone everything goes via iTunes which can be frustrating many times especially for Linux users like me. For video also, N96 can play more formats than iPhone including MPEG-4 and Flash. Flash is a big limitation in iPhone. Sound and picture quality should be comparable in both the devices, though with larger screen, iPhone scores over N96, while watching videos.

Connectivity/Network:
iPhone comes locked with provider, which I hate. Other than that both are 3G phones and have wi fi and are equally matched. N96 supports Stereo Bluetooth with A2DP, iPhone doesn’t. Both have Assisted GPS, but N96 comes with bundled maps and 3 months subscription (in India), which gives it an edge over iPhone.

Battery:
iPhone is a winner here. For Audio playback, its 14 hours (N96) vs. 24 (iPhone) and for video its 5 hours (N96) vs. 7. Standby time is 220 hours (N96) vs. 300 for the iPhone. Though we cannot change the battery of iPhone ourselves, but that’s hardly an issue. iPhone hugely scores over N96 in battery life. But then again you will definitely find many people with Nokia chargers around (at least in India) when you need one :-).

WebApps:
The iPhone has the
App Store for third-party applications, while the N96 has the huge collection of apps made for the Symbian S60. Right now N96 wins here, but we are seeing some really cool and useful apps for iPhone coming up.

Some limitations in iPhone:
- Can’t forward the SMS.
- Can’t send phone numbers via SMS text message.
- When receiving phone numbers/contacts, e.g. VCARD, I can’t save them to contacts.
- No Text Selection, Copy, Cut and Paste.
- No Memory Card Support
- No Video Recording, No MMS

Conclusion:

iPhone is a great phone with a revolutionary multi touch interface. It has a tremendous WOW factor and sets you apart. But then that’s about it. When it comes to features and utility, N96 scores over iPhone. It may not draw crowds but it will definitely get the work done.

I can sum it up as follows:
iPhone is like a gorgeous girlfriend and N96 is like a faithful loving wife. Choice is yours to make.
Back to top Go down
raghavasmartguy
Moderators
Moderators
raghavasmartguy

PostSubject: NOKIA N96 Vs IPHONE   HI, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:26 pm

CLICK HERE TO CAMPARE IPHONE WITH NOKIA N96
Back to top Go down
raghavasmartguy
Moderators
Moderators
raghavasmartguy

PostSubject: Re: HI, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE   HI, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:29 pm

HTC Touch Diamond
Apple iPhone 3G
RIM BlackBerry 9000 Bold
Nokia N96
Max data speed
7.2mbps on HSDPA
1.8mbps on HSDPA
3.6mbps on HSDPA
3.6mbps on HSDPA
User Interface
HTC 3D TouchFLO
Multitouch UI
BlackBerry UI
S60 v3 FP2
Thickness
11.3mm
12.3mm
14mm
20mm
Weight
110g
133g
133g
125g
Display
2.8” touchscreen
3.5” multitouchscreen
2.2”
2.8”
Screen resolution
640×480
480×320
480×320
240×320
Camera
3.2 megapixel
2 megapixel
2 megapixel
5 megapixel with Dual LED flash
Battery life
4 hours on GSM
10 hours on GSM
5 hours on GSM
3.67 hours on GSM
Web browser
Opera
Safari
HTML
S60 browser
GPS
Yes, A-GPS
Yes, A-GPS
Yes
Yes, A-GPS
Availability
Already available in some markets
July 11th in 22 countries
Summer 2008
Shipping starts August
Back to top Go down
danish_jalal
super Admin
super Admin
danish_jalal

Male Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: HI, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE   HI, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 3:28 am

thanks sir

that is very nice info

keep it up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HI, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE   HI, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE Empty

Back to top Go down

HI, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE
Page 1 of 1